Monday, November 21, 2016

Not Even Day One - Why & How Protesting Matters

I'm angry & I've tried protesting. It does nothing before, but it turns out I might try again. I am going to attempt to write one post a day covering politics and I am going to make no attempt to be partial. More than half of this country did not vote for Trump. I, we, will not apologize.

Half of the protests I took part in never made national news coverage. Those that did got about less than 5 minutes of air time - usually covering some assholes who blocked traffic.

Protests are only effective in specific ways. Those taken in public are only effective if someone, and the national news, notices you - this is why there are SO MANY being taken against the policies of our President Elect Donald Trump - because much like a DDOS attack it's the volume that matters, that can not be ignored.

We have, as a Nation, no problem with Donald Trump in the same way we have no problem with our old out-of-touch angry Uncle at Thanksgiving - we can play nice for an hour, avoid talking politics & really hope you don't vote... The problem half of this country - for now - has a problem is the fact that you're representing us to the rest of the world & in charge of our military.

We are afraid of how he will address the parents of a dead soldier after how how he addressed the last.

Donald Trump to Father of Fallen Soldier: 'I've Made a Lot of Sacrifices' via ABC News.

My father is a Veteran. If he had died I would have hoped our President elect at the time had a better response than Pay Attention To Me They're [Insert what Americans are afraid of here.]!

Get out there & make a difference. I will do the same & we will try to update the same post once a month about protests happening your area!

One protest won't make a difference but thousands will. 

We will let America know are NOT OK with our government violating our Constitution.

I will be making 3 weekly updates on politics & make my first attempt at being a journalist. I strongly encourage fact checking & help. If I am wrong about my facts let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment